Thursday, April 5, 2007

If it isn't one animal it's the next...


I don't usually write about our animals. We have a cat that I'm sure most of you know about. We refer to him as the money pit. That's all that he is. Scratch that. He's still a great cat, he's just pissed that Hurley and Ayla exist. We've been trying to find him a new home for what seems like years. It's always hard to let go of any animal, but the day we realized 100% that the cat had to go was when Ayla was sucking her thumb (or eating?... either way) and she had cat hair in her mouth. No more. Too much fur flying around this house for our liking. Morrie is waiting for the cat room to be finished at the Richmond Animal Protection Society. This will be his new interim home. Let's just hope that they can find him a loving home quickly. Poor guy. Then there's our little Hurley. SICKER than sick. Like I said...if it's not one animal it's the next. Poor little guy has an intestinal infection. The vet has him hopped up on all sorts of medicine. Little guy can't last a few hours without having to make a run outside. . . Imagine how much fun that can be when you live on the 3rd floor of a condo and have a baby!!! I feel for him. He's SO not himself. He's always at my feet, begging to be played with, barking at passer by's in the hallway, dying to be the center of attention again. Not the last few days. He can barely make it out of his kennel in the mornings. I just hope that he can kick this bug sooner than later. There's nothing worse than seeing any animal suffer.

No comments: